Monday, July 25, 2011

Self-reflection: Hatred

To those who have been following me on Twitter, you may have known I have issue with certain contempt nights ago. With this particular local singer, to be exact.


I can hardly recall when exactly I started detest that public figure.
And in case you're asking the reasons why... I don't know what to say either.

Well, she is commonly considered as one of the most talented artist ever (in our nation), constantly praised due to her winning numerous awards, bla bla bla and such. But I somehow loathe her enormously talking of 'going international soon' bla bla bla when in fact, after some time of waiting, it has never been actually brought into realisation. I get the feeling that most of her so-called achievements was actually being blown up out of their portion. I get the feeling that her career built merely out of hype. I really could not understand why lots of people fail to see those aspects.
I ignore the fact that most of my thoughts could most probably be only preconceptions. And that night, my intense dislike was blown up by several tweets that seemed to ensuring my prejudices, that she actually bribed for collaborations, she was actually one least modest individual, bla bla bla.

The next morning I woke up, I reread my tweets and realised how superficial do they sound.
Uh-oh.

Despite the probability that my preconceptions are true, it is undeniable too that she did give noticeable efforts to get right there. Yet I insist on not considering them. It's human nature, I guess, to not merely cheer on people who achieve great things and start to seek their flaws. Or is it just me? Well, sorry for being that evil.
Though it is general that people tend to emphasize on the negative sides of other individuals and ignore (perhaps) huge proportion of the positive ones.

Like portrayed in the following scene:

'A long time ago, a splendid wedding ceremony was held.
The couple getting married were considered the village's top couple.
A gorgeous location was picked, a great many people attended.
Everything about the wedding was wonderful.


Apart from the bride slipping at the end and landing face-first into the cake.


.....


After that, every time someone talked about the wedding.
The guests would only remembered that single flaw.
The bride's fall was particularly terrible.
Even though everything up to that point had been perfect,
everyone forgot about those happy memories.'


- Akira E. Ferrari. ARIA, chapter 44: 'Prima Donna'




After been contemplating for moments I admitted that words written (or said) with intense anger and hatred are rarely, rarely leading to something.
Instead of assuring the people whose opinions are in contrary with ours, it usually will only shows immature side of yours, since comments made with hatred are hardly supplied with sufficient amount of subjectivity, aren't they? 
It will be wiser then to not show hatreds and reconsider it twice or perhaps thrice before stating them, I suppose.


*   *  *

Oh this does not necessarily mean that I change my inclination in a single night, that I turn from hater into fanatic. Nope.

I still--err not really that into her in general. Yet, instead of throwing abusive words and sarcasms due to my dislike, I'll try giving constructive criticism.
I'll try real hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment